So we decided to stay overnight in Rhode Island. I was hoping to get to Connecticut today, but we got lost for a couple of hours in Taunton, Massachusetts (little trivia bit: I just talked with Tyson and told him where we got lost, and he said he was born there! and also that his Mom used to work at the gift shop at Shaker Village! it's total Tyson Day!)
It would be very nice if they would label streets for non-psychic people like me. All I ask is that they put *somewhere* the same name of the street/highway that is on the map!
Anyhoo - after a call to Ray, who checked Google Earth for us, we were on our way (thanks, Honey!), and since it was getting late (we're on EST, not the PST of this blog), we looked for a hotel. So here we are in the Comfort Suites between Providence and West Warwick, Rhode Island. Very nice place, they gave us a discount and it fits in our budget, and it's a lovely suite, so yay!
Now does anyone else think of Kevin Kline in the movie "Soapdish", where he's playing dinner theater as Willy Loman in "Death of a Salesman"...and the people are eating and can't hear him, so he says "Yes! I said PROVIDENCE! RHODE ISLAND!!" and it scares the old people and they drop some silverware....? I hear him saying that every single time I think of Providence, RI. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL! Now I have to see that movie.
Just posting from my phone because I can...
*pffft*!
EVERYONE is out of iPhones here on the East Coast. Dang Apple supply chain system!
Sounds like you are having a good time, in spite of the rain. And Chloe is having lots more fun than she did when we took her cross country! LOL!
I have fond memories of Warwick RI. That was our destination when Tom and I drove back there for a National Trials event. I loved R.I. Very pretty!
Post a Comment