Sunday, July 13, 2008

Syracuse, NY

Chloe and I settled in Syracuse, NY this evening. Again, the rain followed us, making for a tough day of traveling.

When it wasn't raining, we went through some of the most beautiful scenery today. Lush, green farms, and lots of trees. Not what I think of when I think of New York (I always just think New York City). I really enjoyed it.

We took the scenic route through Syracuse (read: I missed our exit, so I tried to find it again and ended up seeing the east side and the fairgrounds), then settled in to find a hotel.

The Best Western where we're staying is near the fairgrounds, and the room they gave us is gigantic huge-o and beautiful, and it was well under our price range. The desk clerk told us that there was a horse show at the fairgrounds this weekend, and everyone checked out, so he could give us a good deal.

After checking in, we went to Applebee's for dinner. Our waitress had such a cool accent, it sounded like a New Jersey accent? She was great. Chloe and I played our little silly games with the kid's menu, where we find the most ridiculous ways to complete the puzzles, and Chloe laughed so hard, I thought she was going to hyperventilate, lol! The food was really good, and it was just what we needed after yesterday. We're now enjoying a relaxing evening. Chloe will probably kick me off the computer soon!

4 comments:

Ray said...

Gah...dang rain. >.<

Hopefully the whole day was not a washout.

Anonymous said...

I love upstate New York. Like you I was surprised when I saw it the first time. It really is beautiful. Glad to hear you two are having a great time.

Anonymous said...

I loved New York...it was beautiful. Are you going to make it to Niagra Falls...so worth it!

Janette said...

Nicole - we opted to not go to Niagara Falls...it was going to be lightning/raining (according to the Niagara Falls website) when we were there, so Chloe and I went on to Syracuse instead.