Chloe and I stayed in Sioux Falls, SD, last night, in a Days Inn. This morning, we left around 7:40 am, and arrived in Oak Park around 6:30 pm, mostly due to getting stuck in rush hour traffic, and having it lightning and rain like crazy.
We're staying in the Harvey House Bed & Breakfast, which is gorgeous. The owner has a daughter that's a year younger than Chloe, so that's really cool, and she's really sweet. The whole place is beautifully decorated, and we have the run of the downstairs, and kitchen too.
Chloe and I checked in, we all got the luggage up to the room, and we went to dinner at Winberies. It was a short, 6 block walk, since I really didn't want to drive there. Dinner was great - I had flank steak, and Chloe had chicken dinosaurs off the kid's menu. ("How are your dinosaurs, Chloe?" "Taste like chicken.")
We walked back after dinner, even though it had started to rain again, but it was mild, Seattle-type rain. And I got to see fireflies! I've never seen them, and was pretty happy. Here they were, it was dark, rainy, we were in a historic part of town, and little blinkie flies followed us home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fireflies! I am so glad you got to see some. I felt like a total failure when we didn't encounter them in Minnesota.
Tastes like chicken...hee hee hee!
Aren't fireflies the coolest..I had never seen them until we were on our road trip and Florida at my father in law's house...loved them.
Post a Comment