Friday, July 11, 2008

Oak Park and Chicago, IL


This morning, I had a wonderful breakfast of blueberry waffles and whipped cream that the owner of the B&B fixed for us. We got to talking about various things, and blogging came up. She mentioned that she didn't have a blog, so I helped her set up one of her own after breakfast (yes, it's that easy! so everyone go out there and set up a blog!). So now she can post recipes, share knowledge, and keep in touch with all of her former guests very easily.

After that, Chloe and I got ready to go downtown to have lunch with some of the girls that I work with at Boeing (Molly and Nicole). Molly gave me excellent directions, and we were able to not only navigate the train, but also were able to find the restaurant easily.

We met them at Nine Steak House - it was wonderful. I have worked with Molly and Nicole for about 2 years now, they've been so sweet and helpful. When I started planning this trip, one of the things I thought would be fun would be to stop by Chicago and meet them. I'm so glad I did (and that they wanted to meet me too!). They're even nicer in person, and very fun. We all had a lot in common and lunchtime passed too quickly! Girls, if you're ever in the Seattle area, let me know! The picture attached was taken by Chloe and is of Nicole, Molly, and me at lunch.

2 comments:

Ray said...

Did you help Molly and Nicole set up blogs, too? :-D

That is really cool, and I am sure the B&B lady won't soon forget your help.

Anonymous said...

That's cool. Now I know what they (Molly and Nicole) look like.
Thanks for the pic!