Saturday, July 12, 2008

Goodbye, Harvey House B&B and Oak Park, IL



We hated saying goodbye to Oak Park, and especially to the Harvey House B&B. Beth, her daughter, and the staff made our stay there fabulous! I hope to go back someday and also explore more of the city. Above are pics of the B&B and of our room. Isn't it gorgeous? Did I mention that we were very sad to leave?

Beth's blog is coming along really well, and I look forward to reading it. She really has a lot of knowledge and meets very interesting people. Take a look: Beth's Blog.

We're in PA right now...the drive over Indiana and Ohio was pretty rough (lots of rain, lots of crazy drivers...). I won't even go into the tolls....but psssst...hey Toll CEOs in IN and OH: did you know there's FEDERAL $$ to be had to improve your roads? I mean, we don't charge to drive on roads in WA (except that bridge over in Tacoma, but that's practically a tourist attraction)...

If I have to pay to travel on a road, I'd like some considerations:

- Free WiFi hotspots all along the road
- No speed limit
- None of this "No parking along shoulder except in emergency" - if I want to park there, I should be able to
- There should be a dance troupe all along the shoulders to entertain me while I park there
- and lastly...free slurpees every day in the "Rest Plazas"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel..I can't believe you have to pay to drive through Indiana and Ohio! Heck, they should pay you!