Sunday, September 14, 2008

Puyallup Fair

Chloe, Ray and I went to the Puyallup Fair yesterday.  It was a chilly morning, and we got there very early before the gates even opened.  It warmed up really nicely, and by the time we left, it was very crowded.

I love going to the Puyallup Fair every year.  The first thing I do after I get in the gates is go directly to the Fisher Scone trailer and get scones.  The next thing I like to do is look at the animals, especially the cavies and bunnies.  Some years, due to Chloe's schedule, we miss the weekends with the cavies (guinea pigs), since they're not there the whole time, but this year we got there just in time for the Cavy Fit and Show.  

Another thing I love to do is look at the Hobby Hut and then go to the Pavilion to look at the Quilts, needlework, paintings, and photos.  After about 4 1/2 hours of walking around, eating Fair Food and looking at things, we were all about ready to go home.

Ray and Chloe on our way to the 4H barns:

Quilting display in the Pavilion:
This was from the 4H Cavy Fit and Show.  What a little cute guy!  I miss my little guinea pigs.


I also tried out my video recording feature on my camera, and got some videos of the cavies and rabbits.  I could have stayed there in the 4H barns for hours.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For me and Mari, it is straight to the Scones under the grandstand...we love them hot out of the oven. Can't wait until Saturday when we will get to go to the fair...YUMMMMMM