This weekend, Ray and I went to Anacortes, WA, to see the Blues Orbiters play at the Rockfish Grill. We first saw this band a couple of weeks ago at the Redhook Brewery, and really enjoyed the show. Since Anacortes is a couple of hours away, we decided to make a weekend of it. The show was great! There were a couple of other local performers attending the show (a guitarist and a singer), and they came up on stage and did a set with the band - they were awesome. Much fun and dancing ensued.
We were seated at the table closest to the stage. We told the hostess that since the table was so big, we wouldn't mind if they sat another party with us. Luckily, they seated us with this amazingly funny older gentleman Tom, and his sweet girlfriend, Isabella. They are from Seattle, were in town to get Tom's boat serviced, and decided to stay in town to have dinner and listen to some music.
Tom was all set on dancing that night, and Ray and I joined him and Isabella one song. Afterwards, Tom came up to me and said "Hey Janette, I didn't know your fella had on a skirt!"
Blues Orbiters:

This morning, we took a tour around the old part of town. We had a great breakfast at Mary Ann's Kitchen, did some antiquing, and visited the local quilt store and needlework store. All over town, they have painted people - it looks like they are all residents, or former residents from different time periods.
This was one of my favorites:
We went to the Causland Memorial Park, which was really very cool:
And now we're home. I bought some fabric squares at the Anacortes quilt shop to make a quilt, so Ray and I put up a flannel sheet so I could get the positioning right before sewing. Of course, BL the crazy cat had to come by and knock half of them off the wall while I was in the other room. I guess it's motivation to get them all sewed up fast!


2 comments:
Did the pins work? Or did you pin the blocks up and BL stuck his paw on a pin?
LOL! I have the blocks sewed in strips now. Still haven't taken down the flannel sheet, so BL periodically goes by and bats at it anyways. I think she's hoping to knock it down soon.
Thanks for the pins - they are coming in handy for pinning the strips together.
Post a Comment