Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yay! Survivor Night!

Well, it's Thursday once again. Where did the time go?!

Friday night, we all went to see Twisted Flicks. The flick this time was called "Devil Bat" (1940) with Bela Lugosi. It was one of the best ones yet. One of the high points for us was that they took both my and Ray's suggestions for characters.

I suggested "4-H", and one of the characters (Bela Lugosi's, as the evil scientist that made the devil bat) was in 4-H, complete with him talking about how he was getting ready for the big 4-H show. Ray's suggestion was "sweet", and the main girl character was acting sweet.

They really did a good job this time, and it was a lot of fun. We enjoy talking about the show on the way home, about what was our favorite part, etc.

And then I had Monday off, it was wonderful. I had needed a mental health day for awhile. Work has been crazy busy, and I had been grouchy. So I stayed home, slept in a little, did a lot of scrapbooking (10 layouts!), and generally rested up. This week has been busy so far too, but at least I had a nice day off.

Ray and I decided that we will be married on May 17. We booked a flight to Las Vegas because I really want to have an Elvis wedding. I've always thought it would be a lot of fun to have an Elvis wedding, and it looks like this will be my last chance! If anyone is interested in attending, let me know!

When we come back from Vegas, we'll throw a party to celebrate. It's looking like it may be the weekend after we come back, but not sure on the time frame yet. Chloe has a Bike Club ride the last weekend of May, but we weren't sure we wanted to have the party on Memorial Day weekend. I've been looking into spaces to rent, invites, food, etc.

I also welcome suggestions for party spaces to look into, as there are probably a lot of places out there that I wouldn't think to ask if they host parties.

Anyhoo...off to fix pizza (Survivor night fare) for dinner!

No comments: