Saturday, March 7, 2009

Baby Shower



Today, Chloe and I went to a baby shower for Chloe's Step-Mom, Tina. She's due with her first baby on April 30. It will be a girl, and Chloe will be a big sister! Chloe's not too sure about the big sister thing. She's not sure about all of the mess of spit up and poop and stuff. I think she'll get used to it soon, and will fall in love with her sibling. At least I hope so!

The shower was a lot of fun. We got to see Russ's (my ex-husband and Chloe's Dad) aunts, cousin-in-law, and sister-in-law. I haven't seen them for a couple of years, and it was great to see them again. It was snowing most of the time we were there (at times, BIG flakes!), but luckily, it melted into rain by the end of the shower.

We played a couple of funny games, too. One of them involved numbered diapers, and various candy bars had been microwaved inside the diapers. We had to guess which candy bar had been melted in which diaper. It was hilarious, to see everyone take a little diaper, gingerly open it up, and sniff to see if they could tell which candy bar it was. LOL!

Chloe and I went shopping the other day for some cute baby stuff. Now Chloe was born in April, too, and she spent the first summer clothed in little onesies and socks. So that's what we got for Tina, along with some receiving blankets and bibs. Chloe also made a baby card too, to go along with her present. She did a great job!

First pic above is of Sophie, the kitty, who went to sleep, curled up cutely, next to Chloe and Tina's Mom. Second pic is of Tina and Chloe.

No comments: